- Institutional Grade Long/Short Equity Strategy Development With DLPAL
- Four Indicators That Show How Markets Have Changed In Recent Years [Premium Articles]
- Claims Of Concerted Bond-Dollar Decline Are Unfounded
- SPY Expected Price Indicator [Premium Articles]
- Why So Many Overestimate Their Technical Analysis Skills
- Price Action Lab Blog Strategies Performance in 2016
- Machine Learning With DLPAL PRO: Part Three
- Announcing The Release of DLPAL v1.0
- Announcing The Release of DLPAL PRO
- Machine Learning With DLPAL PRO: Part One
- Automatic Code Generation For Quantopian Platform
- Data-mining And Validating Thousands Of Potential Price…
- Deterministic Machine Design of Trading Systems With Strict…
- Asset Allocation (30)
- Economic Analysis (84)
- Forex trading (8)
- Machine learning (8)
- Market Statistics (353)
- Premium Content (223)
- Premium Signals (15)
- Price Action Lab Alerts (133)
- Price Action Strategies (160)
- Quantitative trading (151)
- Risk Management (53)
- Strategy Synthesis (90)
- Technical Analysis (839)
- Trading Strategies (163)
- Trend following (64)
- Uncategorized (42)
Many articles in last few days attempt to link a decline in US Dollar to a correction in bonds. Technical analysis is used to justify bias. These markets are known for often violating technical analysis since their direction depends on political … Continue reading
Many traders overestimate their technical analysis skills and this mainly involves those using old and outdated methods. However, in some cases technical analysis is used as a cover to promote wishful thinking.
Gold rallied about 2% after the rate increase announcement yesterday. The financial media believes that this was a typical “buy the fact” reaction. They are wrong.
It is an empirical fact that trends develop in financial price series. But it is also an empirical fact that in recent years profiting from trends has not been easy. People with skin-in-the-game know that trends and trend-following are not … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce release of DLPAL LS, a software program for long/short equity hedge funds that use technical strategies.
How can one distinguish between someone who is actually playing with a backtesting program and a competent quant? There are a few warning signs.
There is widespread misconception that the Fed has manipulated the stock market. No one can manipulate share prices directly without actually transacting in the stock market. I describe a mechanism of stock market manipulation below and I claim that large … Continue reading
There are many different ways to trade multiple strategies depending on risk/reward objectives and markets considered. In this article we consider a specific example of four mean-reversion strategies that trade SPY and two alternatives schemes.