Subscribe by email
- Data-mining And Validating Thousands Of Potential Price…
- Deterministic Machine Design of Trading Systems With Strict…
- Quant Trading Without Neural Networks or Genetic Algorithms
- Fooled by Randomness Through Selection Bias
- The Most Important Performance Measure of Trading Strategies
- Identifying High Probability Short-term Patterns
- Fooled by Machine Learning Applied to Trading Algo…
- Asset Allocation (17)
- Economic Analysis (81)
- ETF Analysis (526)
- Folklore (14)
- Forex trading (8)
- Market Statistics (304)
- Premium Content (374)
- Price Action Lab Alerts (133)
- Price Action Lab Patterns (157)
- Quantitative trading (115)
- Risk Management (47)
- Technical Analysis (581)
- Trading System Analysis (87)
- Trading System Design (92)
- Trading System Synthesis (86)
- Trend following (58)
- Uncategorized (18)
- Warnings (10)
Copyright Notice© 2016 Michael Harris. All Rights Reserved. We grant a revocable permission to create a hyperlink to this blog subject to certain Terms and Conditions. Any unauthorized copy, reproduction, distribution, publication, display, modification, or transmission of any part of this blog is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
Absolute price series momentum woes in the equity markets continue this year. Only one of the four models considered shows positive performance in SPY.
Journalists do their job and investors and traders should do their. Market participants should not feel intimidated by post hoc market analysis because that may lead to spasmodic reactions and losses. Doing own homework is of paramount importance.
Passive equity index fund performance depends on dividend reinvestment. If the current trend of a diminishing impact of dividends on total returns continues, future performance may be dismal when adjusted for inflation.
The title conveys sarcasm and not investment advice. The “engineered market anomaly” known as “Sell in May and go away” possibly benefits stock pickers who purchase stocks that have historically outperformed during the summer months.
Top 50 CTA performance results for the first four months of this year are estimated to be negative by BarclayHedge, after positive returns in the first two months. If this year’s performance is negative, it will be the fifth yearly … Continue reading
The 50/200 golden cross in S&P 500 yesterday marked the end of a short squeeze in the stock market that started with the low of February 11. The losses of shorts in S&P 500 from the 50/200 death cross on … Continue reading