- Institutional Grade Long/Short Equity Strategy Development With DLPAL
- Four Indicators That Show How Markets Have Changed In Recent Years [Premium Articles]
- Claims Of Concerted Bond-Dollar Decline Are Unfounded
- SPY Expected Price Indicator [Premium Articles]
- Why So Many Overestimate Their Technical Analysis Skills
- Price Action Lab Blog Strategies Performance in 2016
- Machine Learning With DLPAL PRO: Part Three
- Announcing The Release of DLPAL v1.0
- Announcing The Release of DLPAL PRO
- Machine Learning With DLPAL PRO: Part One
- Automatic Code Generation For Quantopian Platform
- Data-mining And Validating Thousands Of Potential Price…
- Deterministic Machine Design of Trading Systems With Strict…
- Asset Allocation (30)
- Economic Analysis (84)
- Forex trading (8)
- Machine learning (8)
- Market Statistics (353)
- Premium Content (223)
- Premium Signals (15)
- Price Action Lab Alerts (133)
- Price Action Strategies (160)
- Quantitative trading (151)
- Risk Management (53)
- Strategy Synthesis (90)
- Technical Analysis (839)
- Trading Strategies (163)
- Trend following (64)
- Uncategorized (42)
Category Archives: Technical Analysis
Many articles in last few days attempt to link a decline in US Dollar to a correction in bonds. Technical analysis is used to justify bias. These markets are known for often violating technical analysis since their direction depends on political … Continue reading
Many traders overestimate their technical analysis skills and this mainly involves those using old and outdated methods. However, in some cases technical analysis is used as a cover to promote wishful thinking.
Yesterday IBB surged 2.9%, it is now up 12.4% for the year and a top performing ETFs. There is strong resistance overhead and price action is still mean-reverting.
Until now I thought that the main problem of technical analysis is bias of all kinds. A tweet from N. N. Taleb yesterday got me thinking. Maybe there is a more serious problem than bias: thinking in words.
The 60-day correlation between SPY and QQQ ETFs has plunged near pre-dotcom crash and below pre-2007 top levels. Caveat lector included.
Modern technology offers the opportunity to trolls to pose as technical analysts. How do you recognize a technical analysis troll? Eight signs provide clues.
Why do some chartists turn ad hominen when their practice is challenged? The plausible answer is that they are frustrated by continuous failures and are acting under the influence of backfire effect cognitive bias. In essence, there are people who … Continue reading
The Dow Jones Industrial Average has stayed overbought for 21 days, which is the longest period this technical condition has persisted in 31 years. As the analysis below shows, the index has moved higher in the following 60 days with … Continue reading