Subscribe by email
- Automatic Code Generation For Quantopian Platform
- Data-mining And Validating Thousands Of Potential Price…
- Deterministic Machine Design of Trading Systems With Strict…
- Quant Trading Without Neural Networks or Genetic Algorithms
- Fooled by Randomness Through Overfitting And Selection Bias
- The Most Important Performance Measure of Trading Strategies…
- Identifying High Probability Short-term Patterns
- Asset Allocation (25)
- Deep learning (1)
- Economic Analysis (82)
- Forex trading (8)
- Market Statistics (327)
- Premium Content (165)
- Premium Signals (10)
- Price Action Lab Alerts (133)
- Price Action Lab Strategies (160)
- Quantitative trading (140)
- Risk Management (49)
- Strategy Synthesis (88)
- Technical Analysis (823)
- Trading Strategies (155)
- Trend following (61)
- Uncategorized (39)
Tag Archives: gold
Last week there was an article in BlackRock blog about golden days for gold. Gold has fallen 4.2% since straight down. This adds to a long list of faded calls by the market.
When the stock market rallies, goldbugs scream loud “financialization of commodities.” When the stock market falls, they scream loud “recession”. These are difficult times for goldbugs and for these memes to scare investors. Precious metals are in trouble in the … Continue reading
Unable to rebound, gold is now at a critical juncture, trading this morning just above $1200. Price action is weak with the 14-day Relative Strength Indicator (RSI) at 40.38. Major support is near $1180.
After a 61.8% Fibonacci retracement of a three-year rally, a base for a rebound was formed near 1,150 and prices are now testing the 50% Fibonacci retracement level near 1,300. This is a crucial test and its outcome will decide … Continue reading
Some investors and funds decided to increase their gold holdings near the end of last year fearing a decline in stocks. Gold rallied as a result with GLD returning 14.6% by March 14 when the total return of SPY was near … Continue reading
Although some analysts thought yesterday’s drop in precious metals was surprising, there were plenty of technical warnings that a correction was looming. As a matter of fact, last Friday we warned about the possibility of a bull trap in GLD.
This blog has warned about a short squeeze coming in gold in this June 11 post. It is interesting how an island reversal, which is a classical chart pattern, invalidated a 50-200 moving average death cross and a descending triangle.