Subscribe by email
- Data-mining And Validating Thousands Of Potential Price…
- Deterministic Machine Design of Trading Systems With Strict…
- Quant Trading Without Neural Networks or Genetic Algorithms
- Fooled by Randomness Through Selection Bias
- The Most Important Performance Measure of Trading Strategies
- Identifying High Probability Short-term Patterns
- Fooled by Machine Learning Applied to Trading Algo…
- Asset Allocation (17)
- Economic Analysis (81)
- ETF Analysis (526)
- Folklore (14)
- Forex trading (8)
- Market Statistics (304)
- Premium Content (374)
- Price Action Lab Alerts (133)
- Price Action Lab Patterns (157)
- Quantitative trading (115)
- Risk Management (47)
- Technical Analysis (581)
- Trading System Analysis (87)
- Trading System Design (92)
- Trading System Synthesis (86)
- Trend following (57)
- Uncategorized (18)
- Warnings (10)
Copyright Notice© 2016 Michael Harris. All Rights Reserved. We grant a revocable permission to create a hyperlink to this blog subject to certain Terms and Conditions. Any unauthorized copy, reproduction, distribution, publication, display, modification, or transmission of any part of this blog is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
Tag Archives: p-indicator
Two new versions of Price Action Lab software are now available: P-indicator and Price Pattern Scanner.
The P-Dow indicator has successfully predicted the sign of stock market returns in the past 5 weeks. A blog reader asked me about the procedure I use to generate the indicator values. This is briefly presented below with some comments.
Even if only one trade out of several bad trades shows a small gain, large losses can be reduced substantially. Here is an example from last week.
All signals generated by the p-indicator that were included in the premium report of last week generated a profit based on the open of Monday. I was asked by someone who was impressed by the result to comment on the … Continue reading
Directional probabilities of Dow-30 Stocks and 27 popular ETFs, as of the close of Monday, October 19, 2015.
Last week USO plunged 5.65%, which was the largest weekly loss in this ETF since March of this year. This was one of those rare times that a move was predictable.
This rare signal was generated by the P-Dow indicator, which is an advanced quantitative indicator of short-term market reversals, derived from the p-indicator.