Subscribe by email
- Data-mining And Validating Thousands Of Potential Price…
- Deterministic Machine Design of Trading Systems With Strict…
- Quant Trading Without Neural Networks or Genetic Algorithms
- Fooled by Randomness Through Overfitting And Selection Bias
- The Most Important Performance Measure of Trading Strategies
- Identifying High Probability Short-term Patterns
- Fooled by Machine Learning Applied to Trading Algo…
- Quantitative Discretionary Trading: Back to the Future
- Asset Allocation (22)
- Economic Analysis (81)
- Forex trading (8)
- Market Statistics (316)
- Premium Content (141)
- Premium Signals (7)
- Price Action Lab Alerts (133)
- Price Action Lab Patterns (157)
- Quantitative trading (128)
- Risk Management (48)
- Strategy Synthesis (88)
- Technical Analysis (820)
- Trading Strategies (154)
- Trend following (59)
- Uncategorized (35)
Tag Archives: Price Action Lab Alerts
A high probability trading setup for the open of Wednesday, March 26, 2014, was identified in a popular ETF using the scan function of Price Action Lab.
Two signals in two Dow-30 stocks, one for entry at the open and 2% profit target and stop-loss and another one for entry at the open and exit at the close exhibit good significance based on portfolio backtests.
A signal in a Dow-30 stock shows good statistics for a long position at the open of today. Update on 03/19/2014: profit target at $25.19 was hit today.
The short-term swing/position trading SPY2p5 system generated a long and a short signal yesterday, simultaneously, a result of an indecision in the markets near all-time highs.
There is an almost indisputable anti-correlation in quantitative trading between success rate and sample size. The larger the success rate, the smaller the sample size. This is true possibly because after a few occurrences of a high probability opportunity it is arbitraged … Continue reading
Two high probability trading setups for the open of Tuesday, January 21, 2014, were identified in popular ETFs using the scan function of Price Action Lab.