Subscribe by email
- Data-mining And Validating Thousands Of Potential Price…
- Deterministic Machine Design of Trading Systems With Strict…
- Quant Trading Without Neural Networks or Genetic Algorithms
- Fooled by Randomness Through Selection Bias
- The Most Important Performance Measure of Trading Strategies
- Identifying High Probability Short-term Patterns
- Fooled by Machine Learning Applied to Trading Algo…
- Quantitative Discretionary Trading: Back to the Future
- Asset Allocation (22)
- Economic Analysis (81)
- Forex trading (8)
- Market Statistics (315)
- Premium Content (140)
- Premium Signals (7)
- Price Action Lab Alerts (133)
- Price Action Lab Patterns (157)
- Quantitative trading (127)
- Risk Management (48)
- Strategy Synthesis (88)
- Technical Analysis (819)
- Trading Strategies (154)
- Trend following (59)
- Uncategorized (34)
Tag Archives: SPY
Permabears complain constantly in social media that this is the longest bull market in stocks for over six years. This is a way of justifying their wishful thinking. When did the bull market really begin? Let us think about it.
The quick rebound from the Brexit low caused excitement to bulls and this is understandable. However, the stock market is still in return-reversion mode and it can reverse for exactly the same reasons that it rallies: robots call the shots.
There are many posts in the blogosphere and social media in the last few days about a head and shoulders top formation in SPY. There is no such pattern formation.
It could be that the market is more efficient during the day since 100% of the gains in SPY ETF are due to overnight changes. In fact, since inception, SPY has lost about 38 points during regular trading hours as … Continue reading
Absolute price series momentum woes in the equity markets continue this year. Only one of the four models considered shows positive performance in SPY.
Year-to-date performance trading the SPY ETF: Popular RSI(2) system -2.9%, WR2 system +8.19% and PSI system -0.5%. More details with charts are included below.