- International Stocks Have Consistently Underperformed U.S. Stocks September 19, 2017
international stocks have consistently underperformed U.S. stocks
- Who To Avoid In Financial Twitter And Blogosphere [Premium Articles] September 19, 2017
A non-exhaustive list is included below. 1. Economists The first and obvious group is economists, no matter how important and famous they are. Their analysis has no value for traders and at times it is detrimental to investors because it suffers from ...
- Validation Methods For Trading Strategy Development [Premium Articles] September 18, 2017
There are several methods used to validate trading strategies but each has advantages and disadvantages. In this article we discuss four validation methods. In trading strategy development validation is required because it is easy to over-fit strategies on historical data during ...
- Overnight Price Action Reveals Stock Market Dynamics [Premium Articles] September 12, 2017
Year-to-date overnight price action reveals an interesting dynamic of the stock market and a persistent anomaly. Below is a chart of the low volatility S&P 500 ETF (SPLV) with overnight (brown) and regular trading hours (green) accumulation series. A persistent effect is ...
- The Limiting Case Of Equity Trend-following is Passive Investing September 11, 2017
Trend-following in the 1980s and 1990s meant different things as compared to the description found today in articles and books on systematic trading.
- What Is Idiosyncratic Alpha? [Premium Articles] August 22, 2017
A reference to idiosyncratic trading strategies was made in a market commentary by Neal Berger, the President of Eagle’s View Asset Management. In this article we attempt to clarify what these idiosyncratic strategies are. Below is an excerpt from Neal Berger’s market ...
- In A Nutshell: Why Trading is Hard August 19, 2017
Why trading is hard and why mean-reversion has outperformed the golden cross signal in SPY in the last year and a half.
- Tactical Investing Conundrum August 8, 2017
One of the most difficult problems of tactical investing is using timing strategies that are not biased due to special market conditions of the past.
- All Actions In The Markets Amount To Forecasts July 9, 2017
All actions in the markets based on any method, technical or fundamental, amount to forecasts.
- Long-Only Equity Strategy Benchmark June 27, 2017
The performance of this strategy can serve as a benchmark for long-only equity strategy development.