Deep Learning Price Action Lab™
Identifying anomalies in price action faster than other market participants
is the key to profitable trading. This is what DLPAL is designed to achieve.
“The most important facts are those which can be used several times, those which have a chance of recurring… Which, then, are the facts that have a chance of recurring? In the first place, simple facts.” H. Poincare, 1908
Warning: It has come to our attention that certain scammers are selling limited functionality demos of DLPAL for full-functioning licenses. Anyone who buys a DLPAL license from those scammers risks not only limited or no functionality but also their computer getting infected by malicious spyware.
Deep Learning Price Action Lab™ (DLPAL) software solutions have evolved from the first application developed 18 years ago for automatically identifying price action anomalies in historical data based on user-defined risk and reward parameters and generating code for a variety of backtesting platforms. There are three versions available.
- DLPAL S is for trading strategy developers that follow systematic signals. This version identifies parameter-less strategies formed in historical price data that fulfill user-defined performance statistics and risk/reward parameters and generates code for strategies and systems of strategies for the Quantopian platform, Tradestation (EasyLanguage), Multicharts (EasyLanguage), NinjaTrader (7 and 8) and Amibroker AFL. Those interested in developing strategies for systematic trading may use this version. Click here for more.
- DLPAL DQ is a quantitative scanner that identifies parameter-less strategies formed in historical price data that fulfill user-defined performance statistics and risk/reward parameters as of the last bar in the input data files. This version also generates code for strategies and systems for the Quantopian platform, Tradestation (EasyLanguage), Multicharts (EasyLanguage), NinjaTrader (7 and 8) and Amibroker AFL. Discretionary traders that like to scan many securities each day for opportunities and also like to make the final decisions instead of following a system may find this a more appropriate version. Click here for more.
- DLPAL LS calculates a set of features that measure the directional bias of single or group of securities. This version is more appropriate for both systematic and directional equity long/short traders but also directional traders in other markets. The features allow ranking securities according to specific criteria. The reduced functionality version is appropriate for quant discretionary traders and the full version is more appropriate for professional traders and hedge funds that would like to also develop strategies based on the features the program calculates. Click here for more.
DLPAL is based on a proprietary algorithm that produces the same output each time it encounters the same market conditions. This determinism and the absence of stochasticity are in compliance with the standards of scientific testing and analysis. DLPAL minimizes data-mining and data-snooping bias through the use of a proprietary unsupervised learning method for feature extraction and selection. Several functions are available for validation of the results including a randomization tool for ranking the performance of strategies.
Brief introduction to all versions: DLPAL Software: What You Can Do With It
DLPAL videos: Click here for available videos
1. If a data-mining method exhibits stochasticity by generating different results each time it runs with same data and parameters then it cannot be cross-validated.
2. Monte Carlo simulation is not available because it is not an appropriate method when trading strategies are determined from the data and for this reason it can generate misleading results.
3. DLPAL does not use pre-programmed strategies as it is the case with some other commercial programs that work based on a database of patterns they apply on each case. DLPAL identifies patterns in price action.
4. DLPAL S and DLPAL DQ free demo trials have certain limitations. Click here for more details.
5. DLPAL LS free fully functional trial is available only to hedge funds and profesisonal traders.