Sample of Weekly Signals
If you like what you see below, you may subscribe here.
Weekly Signals update of six trading strategies with year-to-date performance, open positions and new signals for week of September 17, 2018. For more details click here.
For more details about the strategies including performance click here.
Positions as of close of 09/14/2018
|DOWW||Long||UNH, MCD, MMM, DWDP, AXP, INTC||8.33%**|
|DOWW||Short||JPM, XOM, DIS,CVX, WBA, V||8.33%**|
|MRDOWW||Long||AAPL, CSCO, DIS, DWDP, GS, IBM, INTC, MSFT, TRV, UNH, V, WMT, JPM, PG, VZ, WBA, CVX, NKE||5%|
*Pos is the position size for each signal based on capital allocated to each strategy.
Signal summary for week of September 17, 2018 (All signals are for the open of 09/17/2018)
|Strategy||New Signals||YTD (change for week)|
|SPYLMAW1||No action||+9.9% (+1.2%)|
|MRSPYW6||SELL: SPY||+7.9% (+0.8%)|
|ETF2RW2||SELL: TLT||+0.5% (+0.3%)|
|ETF4RW3||SELL: TLT||+1.2% (+0.3%)|
|DOWW4||SELL: UNH, DWDP, AXP – COVER: – XOM, DIS, CVX, V –BUY: JNJ, HD, XOM – SHORT: GS, AXP, UNH, VZ||-1.9% (-1.2%)|
|MRDOWW5||SELL: PG, VZ, WBA, CVX, NKE, AAPL, CSCO, IBM, MSFT, V- BUY: MCD, MMM||+12.6% (+0.7%)|
- The Weekly Signals are updated during the weekend and before the market Open of the following week.
- Subscribers may decide which strategies to follow based on historical performance and personal criteria. It is not required to follow all strategies. For example, someone may be interested only in ETF rotation strategies and someone else in mean-reversion strategies. We have subscribers that are only interested in the Dow long/short strategy.
- The first time to consider the signals, the Sell and Cover signals are ignored because there are no open positions. Only new Buy and/or Short are taken into account. In the case of open positions, those may be considered depending on strategy nature. For example, since trend-following and rotational strategies can stay in positions for a long time, their open positions are often considered. For shorter-term strategies, such as long/short or mean-reversion this is not done usually.
- Relative performance of signals depends on the date of first Buy and/or Short signal. There is no robust way of choosing when to first consider signals. Usually, some traders wait for a drawdown before considering signals of a strategy but this is risky as good performance may persist for much longer. In the longer-term the entry point is not important but in the short-term performance variations can be large due to timing of entry.
- YTD performance results are based on backtests and include $0.01 commission per share.
Disclaimer: The Premium and Weekly Signals are provided as an educational trading tool for informational purposes only and do not constitute investment advice. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, fitness or timeliness for any particular purposes of the Premium and Weekly Signals. Under no circumstances the Premium or Weekly Signals should be treated as financial advice. The author of this website is not a registered financial adviser. Before subscribing please read our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions.
Copyright notice: Any unauthorized copy, reproduction, distribution, publication, display, modification, or transmission of any part of this report is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.