- Same Investments But Divergent Fortunes October 8, 2012
Both read the same newsletter. Both followed the exact same advice and purchased shares of BubbleNet, Inc. Yet, John lost a small fortune while Bob made a small fortune. How did this happen?
- What is so Special About the 200-Day Moving Average? The GLD Case December 23, 2011
The importance of the 200-day simple moving average as a trend indicator is well-known and indisputable. Even those who do not use technical analysis pay attention to this average.
- The Many Faces of Trading Expectation [Premium Articles] November 25, 2011
Expectation has many faces that often they make more sense than a fancy mathematical definition.
- Curve-fitting and Optimization [Premium Articles] September 7, 2011
Trading strategy development usually involves optimization and curve-fitting of some sort.
- Optimal Position Size Methods and Other Misconceptions August 26, 2011
Optimality usually refers to a solution to a problem derived with respect to some objective function.
- What Every Trader Should Know About the Win Rate, Profit Factor and Payoff Ratio [Premium Articles] April 18, 2011
Every trader should know this formula
- Account Undercapitalization is the Primary Cause For Trader Failures October 30, 2010
About 11 years ago, I gave a presentation in a conference in New York City as an invited speaker. The audience was mostly comprised of inexperienced traders. A good part of my presentation was on the subject of risk of ...