History files with .pih extension can be updated automatically by following this procedure.
- Request the executable file DLPALLSAU.exe zip file
- Download and extract the executable in the main directory of DLPALLS. Default directory is C:\DLPALLS but it can be any installation directory of the program. The file can be extracted in multiple program installation directories.
- Create a workspace in Tools-Create features history and then generate history files.
- Click “Save default settings” to save the default settings of the workspace.
- Next time update the data files used to create the features.
- Run DLPALLSAU.exe to have the files automatically updated.
- Make sure you do not change the default settings in tools. To check the default settings go to Tools, “Create features history” and click “Load default settings.”
- Running DLPALLSAU.exe is equivalent to clicking “Update history files” from Tools.
- Important: It is a good idea to always make a backup of the .pih files before updating. This can be done in the same script that calls DLPALLSAU.exe